Welcome to my blog. This is where I love to share all my cardmaking. I'm a DT Member for Lili's Little Fairies,Crafty Emma's Store (CES Challenge Blog) and Dream Valley. I have no willpower and am a hoarder of paper pads, pens and rubber stamps galore. I love visiting other crafters blogs and have gained many cyber friends threw blogland. Thankyou for taking the time to look at my blog today and I love reading each and every comment.

Tuesday 2 June 2009

Inspirational Card Sketches - 1st DT Card



Today is my 1st day as a new DT Member over at Inspirational Card Sketches and what a fab sketch to kick off with. I made his whole card with 1 sheet 12 x 12 Paper and some Bazzill. Its an A5 card which is not my norm but I do like a few large cards amongst my 6 x6's. The image is again "Princess Emma" from Whimsy Stamps, she is newly released so you really need to get over to the Whimsy Shop and see these and the other gorgeous stamps Denise has just launched. 


Colured Emma with Promarker for the skin & then Derwent Coloursoft Pencils and Sansador, went over random parts with a Promarker after the pencils, I normally use pencils ontop to shade but this really brings the pigment out of the pencil. The house,dragonfly and heart are buttons from "Dress It up" and the text "Dream" is S/A felt letters. Swirl and leaf punches and a couple of mixed flowers from stash. Part of Emm'a dress has had "Gold Smooch" painted on. I just love smooches and the cute little bottles they come in. Got all 8 now, just waiting for them to bring out a pink. Anyway, please come and support me in my new role and play along with this weeks sketch if possible, you could win a prize and we all love free stash dont we!!!!!
Apologies, I have not been blog hopping so much over the last few days. I blame the sunshine myself but all downhill from tomorrow so no excuses aye.
TTFN & TFL
Clairexx

48 comments:

Wiccababe said...

what a pretty card Claire, love the papers you've used
Debz
xx

debby4000 said...

Oh she is wonderful, fabulous papers and colours.
luv
Debby

Cheryl said...

Oh so gorgeous,the colours and papers with that sweet little image look so dreamy!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

What a pretty Princess.

Ilonka said...

Whow. This is fantastic . Great image.And lovely colours.

hugs Ilonka

Kim Dellow said...

So pretty, I love the DP you have chosen and then that cute ickle castle is wonderful. Kim

Kim Dellow said...

So pretty, I love the DP you have chosen and then that cute ickle castle is wonderful. Kim

Karen said...

Hi Claire,
What a beautiful card, I love the colours you have used and the image is fab.
Karen x

Sharon Caudle said...

Wow!!! What a GORGEOUS card!!
hugs!
Sharon

Sharon said...

Congrats on your new DT position. Great card and love the image.

Dawn♥ said...

Oh my what a lovely looking card! Love everything about it! Awesome job!
♥Hugs, Dawn♥

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, Claire! I love how you coloured the image and placement of everything. :)
Hugs, Vanja

Poppy said...

lovely card, great colouring.
poppy

Riet said...

Wowww Claire,what a beautiful card,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Rach said...

a fabulous card Claire, beautiful.xx

Beccy said...

Well done on your new DT position - a great card to start with the image is lovely and you have coloured her so well.

Beccy x

Kelly Schelske said...

Beautiful Claire!!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card Claire!! Beautiful papers and details!! :)

nessy said...

this card is beautiful claire ~ gorgeous papers and colouring ~congrats on your first DT card
vanessa xx

Andrea said...

hi Claire, great cards you are doing, now I can see why we have not heard from you lately, your busy creating, take care and hope all is well x

Mina said...

gorgeous card Claire, the more I see this stamp the more I love it, beautiful xxx

Denise said...

Very pretty card, I love your coloring!!

brenda said...

Super image, colouring and DP's, really lovely card.

B x

Jill said...

gorgeous card Claire, I love the image and the bright DP, a stunning card for your new DT post hugs Jill xx

Paula said...

Fabulous card claire i love the image you have used and such a great layout.
Paula xxxx

mueppi said...

What a wonderful card, Claire!
I love the colours and papers!
Hugs Gisela

Anonymous said...

Hi Claire Your card is gorgeous..way to go...
I so love those papers at the mo!!!
Have a lovely Week:) x

Donna said...

Fantastic card Claire, really like the papers on this card and what a super image :) Donna x

Lynsey said...

Wow Claire what a beautiful card!
Hugs Lynsey:)

Liz Weber said...

O la la Claire that is the most prettiest card - you make me want to own that stamp - Fantastic work on your ICS Card!

Christine Riley said...

what a sweet, sweet card! Love that image and the layout and colors are perfect.
Hugs, Christine :)

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Claire.
Such a beautiful image and pretty details.

Karen x

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Claire, this is just absolutely precious! I do not think I have seen the whimsy stamps done better! I love everything about your first ICS DT card, can't wait to see more!

strawberry fields said...

What a sweet card and big congrats on being on the DT! well done!
Fiona x

Vicky said...

Great dps and love that little castle x

Anonymous said...

aww very pretty princess! x

Nannieflash said...

Beautiful card Claire, definately one for a young girl, Im sure my granddaughters would love it. Well done love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Janny said...

woooow lovely card! great colourcombo!

Unknown said...

Such a pretty, pretty card! I love BG papers!

From one DT newbie to another... hugs!

x

Chris said...

Great card Claire and the new stamps is so sweet. A nice change to do a larger card I agree. Chris xx

Sandra said...

Hi Claire...gorgeous card,beautiful image,and perfectly coloured,such pretty papers too.
Take care
San x

Sandra said...

Hi Claire...gorgeous card,beautiful image,and perfectly coloured,such pretty papers too.
Take care
San x

Lorraine A said...

Oh wow Claire ! This is just gorgeous !! Lovely image and you've coloured her perfectly ! Fab papers too :-)

Lorraine x x

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good afternoon Claire, how are you my love? hope you are well and the family are all okay. Wow what a stunning card my friend this is such a fabulous image and gorgeous papers! lovely work,thank you for sharing with us, hugs Linda x

Murielle said...

Hi Claire,
WOW.....gorgeous card and very lovely look.
wonderful colours used.
Your image is splendid and perfectly colouring!
I love!!!!!
Hugs, mumur

~Denise Lynn~ said...

This is just beautiful Claire! I love Emma in green and those papers are perfect. The details and accents are all fabulous as well! Gorgeous creation! :)

Fink said...

This is just beautiful! Glad you joined the gang!

Tricia said...

welcome to the dt! I love your style!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

NeoCounter

A Bit About Me....

My photo
Kent, United Kingdom
have been making handmade cards for a few years. Enjoy all the new stash that comes on the market and alot end up at my place!!!!!


Blog Archive