Welcome to my blog. This is where I love to share all my cardmaking. I'm a DT Member for Lili's Little Fairies,Crafty Emma's Store (CES Challenge Blog) and Dream Valley. I have no willpower and am a hoarder of paper pads, pens and rubber stamps galore. I love visiting other crafters blogs and have gained many cyber friends threw blogland. Thankyou for taking the time to look at my blog today and I love reading each and every comment.

Thursday 3 July 2008

Artistic Stamper Challenge


This over at the Artistic Stamper, the challlenge is to make a piece based on Christmas. Wasn't sure what I was doing at the time but just got a small canvas and coloured the background with red & green distress inks and stamped the tree over the top. I then masked the tree and stamped over in a deeper red and done some sponging on the canvas as well. I edged the canvas with gold krylon pen and a green dabber. The wording on the stamped tree was gone over with a crystal lacquer pen, another piece of stash wich I dont really use but they resurfaced last week so put them to use. Finished it off by adding mini grungeboard elements painted with a gold and green dabber. Hope you like my piece, the photo never seems to come out as good as I would like and it is more red than orange.
Clairexx

15 comments:

Andrea said...

a stunning card Claire, good luck with the challenge x

WeirdCat said...

Gorgeous, different to the norm
Ruth x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Hi Claire, This canvas is beautiful i really love the way you have distressed the background. such a clever idea. Hugs Nikki x

carolann said...

Stunning card Claire hun xx

Angie C said...

Fabby canvas Claire, love the colours you have used and good luck with the comp :-)

Heather Robinson said...

What a beautiful golden glow around this card like a lit Christmas tree.

Sue said...

Stunning piece of work claire, i love it :-)

Sue
xx

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

WOW! a gorgeous piece Claire, and thank you for entering the challenge. Good Luck!
Jennie

sam21ski said...

Great canvas Claire, you're really getting into your canvas's aren't you - fab xxxxx

Joy said...

Fantastic canvas Claire, great work. I have a little something for you over on my blog xx

Minxy said...

Aw now i see it properly lol, just lovely, the colours really make it and i love the wording tree x

Sue Shaw said...

Gorgeous piece of work - lovely effect!
Sue.x

Ang C said...

a gorgeous piece of work - love it

Jo said...

Oooo love the colours on this :o)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful canvas Claire! ;0) xx


LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

NeoCounter

A Bit About Me....

My photo
Kent, United Kingdom
have been making handmade cards for a few years. Enjoy all the new stash that comes on the market and alot end up at my place!!!!!